Reports To: Katie Gorum, Production Director
The Broadcast Associate is responsible for supporting the administrative and production aspects of virtual and hybrid event production for TuttleCo clients and will work closely with colleagues to assist in the execution of powerful virtual and hybrid events. As a valued member of a lean digital team, the Broadcast Associate may also play a role in supporting colleagues with strategy and campaign implementation efforts.
The Broadcast Associate will be based in the Boston Metropolitan Area and will work remotely with the TuttleCo team, as well as provide weekly in-person support for Sunday morning broadcasts in Lynn, MA.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support client needs and communications from initial proposal to post-production reporting and documentation.
- Participate in live broadcast productions, including weekly Sunday-morning broadcasts
- Maintain accurate, thoughtful, and thorough knowledge of client and event needs through consistent review of documents and communication with the Production Director.
- Assist in aspects of virtual and hybrid events, including scheduling and hosting Live Speaker Tech Rehearsals, scheduling and participating in Technical Run Throughs, participating in the production of live virtual events, and post-event follow-up.
- Availability to perform in-person and on-site broadcasting and equipment troubleshooting.
- Compiling, documenting, and reporting on final production analytics for all events
- Support Production Director in the creation, development, and confirmation of all broadcast links.
- Participating in client meetings, as needed.
- Working with colleagues to draft, review, edit, and finalize event-specific assets (TuttleCo produced videos, graphics, music, and slide templates).
- Regularly attend 1-on-1s, Production Department, and Team Tuttle meetings.
- Support TuttleCo and our clients in advancing racial justice, gender equity, and LGBTQ+ equality, and prioritizing accessibility and inclusivity in all we do.
TuttleCo is a remote agency with employees working from home and other locations. Due to the need to conduct client and staff meetings, employees will occasionally need a private space for client conversations and live events.
As a Broadcast Associate for a digital strategy agency, it’s important our clients see us as an example of how great their broadcasts can be. To support client work, TuttleCo provides all staff with Apple laptops and a tech stipend to partially reimburse personal internet and mobile phone expenses. Additional equipment, including ring lights, headphones, and secondary monitors will be provided, as needed.
Competencies of Strong Candidates Include:
- Knowledge and 1-2 years experience in nonprofit event management.
- Familiarity with web streaming platforms (such as: StreamYard, OBS, Vimeo, Zoom, Twitch, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Audio/Video and web streaming equipment (such as: web cameras, Yeti Microphones, variety of personal device technologies – iPhone, PC computers, iPad, Bluetooth headphones, etc..).
- Ability to collaborate clearly and effectively with colleagues in support of client needs, particularly while working remotely.
- Ability to manage projects and tasks, set and meet deadlines, and manage work both independently and collaboratively, depending on specific project needs.
- Excellent communication skills—in person, on the phone, by video, and in writing.
- Values and fosters learning and growth in themselves and others.
- Actively advance equity and inclusivity in their day-to-day work.
- Interested in digital and technology.
- Experienced with using MacOS and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite); Additionally, any Wrike, Canva, iMovie, and/or WordPress experience is appreciated, but not required.
TuttleCo is a queer- and disability-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply.
The Broadcast Associate is a temporary part-time associate-level position on the TuttleCo team to be engaged for 90-days from hire, with the opportunity for continued employment. Pay for this position is $25/hr with an expectation of 20/hours of work a week.
Additionally, benefits for part-time employees include:
- 20-hour workweeks with Flexible Scheduling
- Unlimited Time Off, including ten unpaid holidays
- $100/monthly tech stipend (reimbursement for high-speed internet & personal phone usage)
- Employer matched donations to social good nonprofits (100% match up to $250 per employee per year)
How to Apply
We welcome applications from candidates who are interested in working remotely, with weekly in-person support needs in the Boston Metropolitan Area. Once it is safe to travel and meet in person, periodic travel in the US for client meetings and events may be requested.
Qualified candidates should submit a personalized cover letter and resume via this Google Form. Sign in required.