Reports To: Courtney Drasner, Director of Client Services, Lesly Perez, Digital Communications Associate
The Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the administrative, communications, and production. The Communications Intern is responsible for supporting the administrative, communications, and production work for TuttleCo’s ongoing clients and will work closely with colleagues to assist with digital strategy and campaign implementation efforts. As a valued member of a lean digital team, the Communications Intern may also play a role in supporting colleagues in the execution of powerful virtual and hybrid events.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review and draft social media copy
- Review and draft email marketing copy
- General administrative tasks
- Review and draft event and website copy
- Manage and schedule calendar appointments
- Participate in client meetings, as needed
- Regularly attend 1-on-1s, Communications Department, and Team Tuttle meetings
- Support TuttleCo and our clients in advancing racial justice, gender equity, and LGBTQ+ equality, and prioritizing accessibility and inclusivity in all we do.
TuttleCo is a remote agency with employees working from home and other locations. Due to the need to conduct client and staff meetings, employees will occasionally need a private space for client conversations and live event broadcasts.
As a Communications Intern for a digital strategy agency, it’s important our clients see us as an example of how great their broadcasts can be. To support client work, TuttleCo provides all staff with necessary equipment and a tech stipend to partially reimburse personal internet and mobile phone expenses.
Competencies of Strong Candidates Include:
- Knowledge and experience in nonprofit digital communications and marketing
- Familiarity with social media management tools a plus (HubSpot, Later, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, etc.)
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms is appreciated (such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, Pardot/Salesforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with website content management systems is appreciated, but not required (WordPress, Drupal, Wix, etc).
- Ability to collaborate clearly and effectively with colleagues in support of client needs, particularly while working remotely
- Ability to independently manage projects and tasks, and work collaboratively on projects, as needed
- Excellent communication skills—in person, on the phone, by video, and in writing
- Values and fosters learning and growth in themselves and others
- Actively advance equity and inclusivity in their day-to-day work
- Interested in digital and technology
- Familiarity with web streaming platforms is appreciated, but not required (such as StreamYard, OBS, Vimeo, Zoom, Twitch, etc.)
- Experience with using MacOS and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite); additionally, experience with Wrike Project Management, Canva, iMovie, and/or WordPress (or similar platforms) is appreciated, but not required
TuttleCo is a queer- and disability-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply.
The Communications Intern is a temporary part-time intern position on the TuttleCo team to be engaged for 90 days from hire. Pay for this position is $17/hr with an expectation of 10-20/hours of work a week.
Additionally, benefits for part-time employees include:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Unlimited Time Off (unpaid), including ten unpaid holidays
- Sick Time Accrual (minimum 1 hour accrued for every 30 hours worked)
- $50/monthly tech stipend (reimbursement for high-speed internet & personal phone usage)
- Employer-matched donations to social good nonprofits (100% match up to $150 per employee per year)
How to Apply
We welcome applications from candidates who are interested in working remotely.
Qualified candidates should submit an application via this Google Form. Sign-in required.
Please do not contact us directly, as our staff is busy completing work for our clients.