Reports To: Katie Gorum, Production Director
The Event Production Intern is responsible for supporting the drafting and updating of the communications and marketing aspects of virtual and hybrid events for TuttleCo clients and will work closely with colleagues to assist in the execution of those powerful virtual and hybrid events. As a valued member of a lean digital team, the Event Production Intern will also play a role in supporting colleagues with strategy and campaign implementation efforts.
The Event Production Intern will work remotely with the TuttleCo team and can work from any state in the United States.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Drafting, reviewing, and publishing of marketing copy, webpages and forms, and email communications;
- Edit graphics using Canva Pro;
- Drafting WordPress websites from pre-defined templates;
- Participate in live broadcasts engaging with live audience constituencies;
- Participating in client meetings, as needed;
- Regularly attend 1-on-1s, Production Department, and Team Tuttle meetings;
- Support TuttleCo and our clients in advancing racial justice, gender equity, and LGBTQ+ equality, and prioritizing accessibility and inclusivity in all we do.
TuttleCo is a remote agency with employees working from home and other locations. Due to the need to conduct client and staff meetings, employees will occasionally need a private space for client conversations and live event broadcasts.
As an Event Production Intern for a digital strategy agency, it’s important our clients see us as an example of how great their broadcasts can be. To support client work, TuttleCo provides all staff with necessary equipment and a tech stipend to partially reimburse personal internet and mobile phone expenses.
Competencies of Strong Candidates Include:
- Knowledge and experience in nonprofit digital communications and marketing;
- Ability to collaborate clearly and effectively with colleagues in support of client needs, particularly while working remotely;
- Graphic design skills required; Canva experience preferred;
- Familiarity with website content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Wix, etc;
- Excellent communication skills—in person, on the phone, by video, and in writing;
- Ability to manage projects and tasks, set and meet deadlines, and manage work both independently and collaboratively, depending on specific project needs;
- Values and fosters learning and growth in themselves and others;
- Actively advance equity and inclusivity in their day-to-day work;
- Tech Savvy and interested in using digital and technology more effectively;
- Experienced with using MacOS and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite);
- Additionally, any Wrike, iMovie, and/or email marketing platform (MailChimp, Constant Contact, Pardot, etc.) experience is appreciated, but not required.
TuttleCo is a queer- and disability-owned business that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team, with our clients, and among our partners. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply.
The Event Production Intern is a temporary part-time intern position on the TuttleCo team to be engaged for 90-days from hire. Pay for this position is $17/hr with an expectation of 20 hours of work per week.
Additionally, benefits for part-time employees include:
- Flexible Scheduling
- Unlimited Time Off (unpaid), including ten unpaid holidays
- Sick Time Accrual (minimum 1 hour accrued for every 30 hours worked)
- $50/monthly tech stipend (reimbursement for high-speed internet & personal phone usage)
- Employer matched donations to social good nonprofits (100% match up to $150 per employee per year)
How to Apply
We welcome applications from candidates who are interested in working remotely.
Qualified candidates should submit an application via this Google Form. Sign-in required. We will do our best to contact all applicants within two weeks of submission with the goal of making an offer by the middle of September.
Please do not contact us directly, as our staff is busy completing work for our clients.